Employment Benefits Include:
- Competitive Pay and BenefitsWhether you are looking for part-time work or a full time career, UND Aerospace provides a competitive pay schedule and employer-sponsored benefits.
- Room for AdvancementSuccessful self-motivated flight instructors will have opportunities to join the leadership team.
- State of the Art FacilitiesLocated at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, in partnership with Chandler Gilbert Community College, UND Aerospace operates out of new facilities located on the flight line.
- New Glass Cockpit FleetThe primary training aircraft are Garmin 1000-equipped Cessna 172s that are only a few years old.
- Provide Flight Instruction within the FAR 141 CurriculaThe structured Part 141 curricula and supporting training materials allow the flight instructor to provide quality instruction to their students. Tools available include online teaching aids, podcasts, and course and maneuver guidance manuals.
- Aircraft MaintenanceUND Aerospace is known for our well maintained aircraft. Aircraft are maintained on a FAA approved program and quality control is monitored by UND’s Part 145 Repair station.
- Standardized ProceduresAircraft Standardization manuals provide detailed information and explanations of procedures, maneuvers, and how to perform them.
- Computerized Scheduling and RecordsThe Aviation Information Management System (AIMS) is designed to facilitate the management of aircraft, students, flight instructors, and both flight and academic records.
- Records DepartmentThe flight records department provides support to the flight instructors and students by maintaining accurate flight records and ensuring all TSA requirements are met prior to the start of flight training.
- Standards and Safety DepartmentsEvery professional aviation organization places safety and standard operating procedures as two of their highest priorities. UND has both Safety and Standards departments to work with flight instructors and students on those respective areas.
- MEI Training at Reduced RatesFor those who qualify, you can get your MEI at reduced rates.
- Enjoy the ExperienceEnjoy the benefits of living in the Southwest U.S. Gain experience flying in Class B airspace and mountainous terrain. Enjoy the life of Phoenix, major sport events, shows, and activities year round.
UND Aerospace Flight Training Center in Phoenix, AZ is looking for professional flight instructors to provide flight instruction within the 141 curricula.
We emphasize safety, standardization, and customer service. UND Aerospace operates with a culture that is based on teamwork rather than micro management.
Located at the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, we continue to grow each year. UND Aerospace Flight Instructors average over 100 billable hours every month with an open opportunity to work more if you prefer.
Opportunities to teach aviation related ground schools are also available.
- FAA Flight Instructor Certificate
- Valid FAA Class III Medical Certificate
- Ability to work in the United States
Preferred Requirements include:
- Dual Given
To apply for a UND Aerospace Flight Instructor position in Phoenix, AZ
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via email. We will schedule an interview shortly after we have received your information. Please send all information to Chief Flight Instructor - Katrina Kugler.
Questions About Hiring
Katrina Kugler - Chief Flight Instructor